Guangzhou, GuangdongFull Time
Joining our core manufacturing team is a unique and challenging opportunity. As a Development and Production Associate, you will train under our Senior Trade Director and work directly with Account Managers, QC Lab Technicians, Factory Management, Logistics Specialists and material vendors to develop and produce a range of client collections. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, analytical problem solver and team player. You must have a strong desire to learn new things and be excited to take on demanding work.
In this role, you will learn our highly competitive, proprietary product development process and factory management at a systems level. You will participate in projects for a selection of both startups and established brands and help see product through from concept through to production. Ability to follow strict protocols and be highly detailed-oriented is a must.
There is potential for this role to evolve into a more specialized position on our Development and Production Team or into a management position.
Senior Trade Director Kenneth Leung is the direct supervisor for this role.
Please email application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered for this position, you must complete and submit all requested application materials.
- Assess product designs for manufacturing feasibility and possibilities
- Liaise between designers and shoemakers to develop and fine-tune product
- Work with management to train factory staff on production processes
- Work with management to establish product-specific QC criterion and oversee inspections
- Determine factory costing with consideration to raw materials, yields, QC and LOP
- Schedule development and production projects across supply chain
- Coordinate lab testing between factory and labs
- Calculate efficiency and defect rates for a given production run
- Identify opportunities to improve and establish new solutions in production
- Provide research and oversight to support Factory Management
- Maintain materials and sample inventory, project files, tracking documents and calendars
- Provide detailed project and factory updates to leadership during account reviews
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese; fluency in Cantonese is a plus, but not a requirement
- Business proficient fluency in English
- Creative, resourceful research and problem solving abilities
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, with keen attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is a plus, but not a requirement
- Proficiency in Shoemaster CAD/CAM is a plus, but not a requirement
- Cover letter
- Professional references