Minneapolis, MNFull Time
Our Trade Associates play a key supporting role in evaluating new collections for manufacturing viability and brands for long term potential. Working both client-side and factory-side, you will collaborate with Development and Production Account Managers and Logistics Specialists to help assess, cost and launch a wide range of both fashion and performance footwear, along with supporting apparel and accessories collections. You will also provide our team with support for in-process manufacturing projects. Our ideal candidate is an extremely detail-oriented, analytical, problem solver and strong team player.
This position will train under our Chief Production Officer with the support of fellow Trade Associates on a range of manufacturing projects. We expect you to become fully responsible for this role in 1-3 months and become an industry expert in 1-2 years. As an industry expert, you will also support marketing efforts for social media, website, blog, etc. This includes brainstorming content ideas, curating factory and workshop photography, and drafting copy. Candidate must be amenable and able to travel occasionally and work across multiple time zones.
Chief Production Officer Ryan Shaffer is the direct supervisor for this role.
Please email the application materials detailed below to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered for this position, you must complete and submit all requested application materials.
- Evaluate product designs and new projects for manufacturing feasibility and long term potential
- Outline detailed product, project and account reviews for Manufacturing Team
- Prepare factory quotes and estimates for clients
- Work with clients and Manufacturing Team to develop new products and collections
- Track development and production shipments
- Support Accounting with factory and client costing verification
- Maintain materials and sample inventory, project files, tracking documents and calendars
- Highly reliable and dependable team player
- Positive attitude, motivated, goal-oriented learner
- Creative, resourceful research and problem solving abilities
- Ability to take on multiple assignments and prioritize workload
- Ability to follow strict protocols
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, with keen attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with basic accounting
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is a plus, but not a requirement
- Able to accept guidance and take criticism productively
- Cover letter
- Explanation of Career Goals
- Professional references